Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Squeeking noise front end

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 1993Blazer, Mar 4, 2009.

1. 1993Blazer

1993Blazer New Member

Hello,
    I have a 1993 K1500 Blazer While driving I noticed a squeezing noise in front end when the truck in bouncing from road conditions so I jacked the truck up and it squeeked when lifting it up and if I grab the roof rack and rock the truck side to side. So I repaced the shocks because they looked origional although it rides better it's still squeeking now I also noticed when i am parked in driveway it squeekes when I turn the steering left or right also. Cv's ? but there is no clicking noise.

Notes - Truck has had a fisher plow on it since new
    - Ball Joints are new
    - Cv boots are in great condition
    - Steering wheel don't like to turn somtimes at dead stop with the plow on but has been doing
    that for years.
    - Also A Random Clunking noise under the truck when driving less frequent when the plow is on
    that has aslo been doing that fo years

Thanks,for any help
    HoMustangM1@excite.com

O.k I think I narrowed it down to the upper control arm bushings

Now my question is can they be replaced?

My hanes book says some can be with a press and some can't and I'll need to replace the hole upper control arm which sucks becasue The ball joints are all new

You can buy just the bushings !

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

have you checked the tie rod end or idler and pitman arm, if not check those by jacking up the truck and shaking the will side to side if there loose replace them, if not loose take a can of penetrating oil and spray some into the joint through the boot, do one at a time if you spray then let it down and shake the truck and the noise is gone then you found your problem.
    try on Tie rod ends, idler, pitman, and the sway bar links

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

sqeeking noise front end

I know this sounds remote, but check your body mounts, mainly the front ones.

4. bigblue89GMC

bigblue89GMC New Member

Also could check your bushings on the A-arms. My front end squeaked a lot when mine went bad.

5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

check all the bushings

6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2.............

7. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Currently having the same issue. Bushings.

8. 1993Blazer

1993Blazer New Member

Control Arm Bushings

O.k I think I narrowed it down to the upper control arm bushings

Now my question is can they be replaced?

My hanes book says some can be with a press and some can't and I'll need to replace the hole upper control arm which sucks becasue The ball joints are all new

You can buy just the bushings !