1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

squeeking under truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PolishSilverado, Jun 4, 2012.

1. PolishSilverado

PolishSilverado New Member

Hey
    I own a 2000 Silverado 2500 Ls 6.0L and recently i started hearing a squeeking noise sounds like from under the cab it squeeks when on idle and when driving sometimes the truck is loud so i dont hear it driving usually but i know its there. It squeals when i rev it in place and while driving im confused. some more info its a 5 speed, its not a HD but the heavy duty chassis was added, k&n intake, lockers.
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Serpentine belt,AC Belt???
  3. PolishSilverado

Its not the belts its a pinging squeek noise under the cab and its not obnoxious like the belts its quiet
  4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

lifter maybe?...run some sea-foam thru it and see if thats changes anything
  5. PolishSilverado

ok so i found out what it was since i have no muffler it pipes out the side and the brackets that hold it to the truck are rusty and loose and they squeek when i give it gas!