Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

srt10 dodge ram...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 00chevy53, Mar 31, 2011.

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

so i have this guy that wants to run against my truck and hes got a single cab short bed srt10. the guy says its stock to his knowledge other than the exhaust he put on it. he also had it put on dyno and says its putting down about 500hp. now i could see 500hp at the fly wheel and maybe 450rwhp but not 500 stock with a exhaust. does anyone know what these truck put out stock?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yep, they have 500hp. They have the Viper engine and there a 6 spd trans. If he can get traction he will SMOKE you. I drove one of these when they first came out and they are bad. They can smoke the tires at will.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Little more info, 500hp,525lbs torque from 1,500 to 5,600 rpm's. They also have 4.10 rear gears.

3. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

bone stock- 428rwhp/467ftlbs

4. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

Those things do book it though. My friends brother has one and his 5.7 carbureted engine wont keep up with it and he runs low 13s with his 5.7. I bet an SS would smoke it though. AWD 6.0 baby, i wish they made those in 4 door like the ford did with the raptors.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have also driven the first gen SRT10 Ram and it will flat out fly. The trick with them is the ability to drive a truck with a stick. The guy who has it could not launch the truck for nothing. If a awd 6.0 lined up with the SRT10 and they knew how to drive it would not even be a race. The SRT10's with the 4 door cab came in an auto trans I belive.

STB, was the one you drove the manual trans??

6. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for the info guys... i think i will still run him just for the hell of it. that way in the next 9 months when i build my 6.0 into a 408 stroker ill know how much better i can do...

7. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

ITS A VIPER MOTOR! seriously you have no chance unless he doesn't know how to drive it. Trust me I've drove one.

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

ajarman, yes it was a 6 speed. It was one of our good customers and he let me drive (with him in it) and he said go ahead and get on it and I dam sure did!!

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You do know we will want pics of the whole race...... Ask him to race in the snow.....LOL (only 2wd)

10. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

haha!!!......