1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ss bumper cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by lilt1986, Sep 20, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. lilt1986

lilt1986 New Member

if i buy a bumpercover for an 06 ss will it fit on my silverado if it isnt an ss?
  2. Eslingerj

Eslingerj New Member

it should unless the bumber is totally different an ss is just a tag and package they are usually the same looks
  3. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

Its a totally different bumper cover..

The bumper cover will fit, but you might need to buy some sort of additional support brackets or impact bar to go behind it. I'm not sure if it can be mounted over the top of a regular bumper or not.
  4. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine New Member

I have one for sale if you are interested. It is made of fiberglass. I bought it about a year ago, did some of the prep work for it, but never installed it. It is sitting on a shelf in my garage, collecting dust.
    Shipping would probably be expensive, but I would not ask that much for it. Probably around $100.00.
    I can take pics later if you want.
    I also have a EFX roll pan with license plate cutout and the light that goes with it. These have never had any work done to them - Bought new, sitting on the same shelf.

I should say that I did do a dry run of the fit of the bumper cover - I took off the lower air dam, the upper pad and fit it over the bumper. The fit seemed good. I know it needs double sided tape and clips to hold in place - I never did this.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. lilt1986

lilt1986 New Member

i just ordered one i gotta find the ducts for it
  6. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member 100 Posts

is the bumper u got for sale OEM or aftermarket??
  7. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member 100 Posts

the whole ss cover can get expensive, u will need all the brackets to put it on or else it will fllop around with the wind...
  8. MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine New Member

Aftermarket. From a place in Florida.