Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

stacking a stock 2" and a 3" lift block???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

Hey guys I bought a rough country leving kit and it came with a 3 inch block. I want to stack my stock 2" block ontop and buy new U bolts to gain more lift in the rear. My only concern is that my stock block is 2" across the whole block and the rough country block is sloped from 2" to 3". Is this ok to stack 2 nlocks together eventho one is sloped. Also I will weld the two together.
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I'd advise against it... just think what would happen if one happened to kick out when your going at highway speed. If you are dead set on doing it at least get them welded together before installing them.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Stacking blocks is never a good idea, very dangerous, welded together or not.
    Check local vehicle laws, in some states this is actually a vehicle violation.
    If you want lift spend a little more money and do it the safe way with springs.
    Many aftermarket mfgrs also recommend you remove the factory block for spring lifts due to shifting concerns.
  4. fugitive

fugitive Member

Wouldn't that seriously affect the drive train geometry to a point of poor performance and early or premature wear?
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Why not just purchase a 5" block so you have it done safe the first time?