Stainless or black

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by darkness-lies-, Jan 16, 2012.

1. darkness-lies-

darkness-lies- Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Which do you think would look better on my truck? wheel to wheel stainless or black running boards.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

it's tough to say with your truck. You have a lot of black with the vent visor's and the window cover on the back window. You have some chrome looking accents on the wheel openings. Your rims look to have a satin look to them. I am leaning toward the stainless look.

3. darkness-lies-

Thats the way im leaning also.

4. darkness-lies-

chevy ,.jpg here is a better pic

5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I say leave it and level it. Only thing I would do is take off the rear window covers. Looks good!

6. darkness-lies-

rear window covers are gonna be painted to match the truck. i plan on leveling the truck but i like the look of wheel to wheel bars i dont know for sure yet just throwing ideas around thanks for your thoughts i appreciate them. Also nice truck you got there.

7. Jimmeh

Thanks. Just realized your truck is 2WD. Do you plan on lifting the front end when you level it or lowering the rear?

8. darkness-lies-

most likely lowering rear end to get rid of the unused black space between the truck and wheel. What do you think?

9. Jimmeh

Personally, if I had a lowered 2WD (not saying it's insanely lowered by leveling it out), I wouldn't put running boards on it. Unless of course I was a shorty or at least shorter then I am, lol. I think having running boards on a 2WD is just making it look too "busy".

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with Jimmeh -- if you lower it then no nerf bars. If you elect to do nerf bars I think stainless would look best.