Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Started debadging, fun fun

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by STS_Silverado, Feb 28, 2010.

1. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

Well started debadgin my truck today... not the hardest thing to do but definently takes time..... havin a hrd time with the glue thats left behind though, can't get it all completely off..... Any suggestions?

also just bought full clear euro headlights, billet grille inserts, and i painted the grille and all of the from bumper to get closer to a complete black-out look...

2. oohyeah4

oohyeah4 Member

go to home depot and get "acetone" in the paint dept. put some in a rag and rub it a little . will come off real easy...trust me...just wipe it afterwards with a damp rag..

3. oohyeah4

oohyeah4 Member

what year is the truck youre de-badging??

4. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

i didnt have any trouble. i dont know what aceton is. but i got some stuff from autozone that removes stickers and tar and bugs and stuff like that. put it on and wiped it off. real easy.

5. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like thats gonna look good. Cant wait to see some pics.

6. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

thanks guys and my trucks a 2000. i'll post pics sometime this week when i get it all back together.

7. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

8. obie

obie New Member

looks awesome! Sts turbo?

9. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

got the sts kit but its not installed yet... wanna ls1 swap it then boost it....and don't wanna boost motor that has 178000 on it haha

10. obie

obie New Member

Nice, you can't go wrong with an Ls1! I had the basic sts kit on my 00 z-28 and I was really pleased the kit all around. I had an ls6 intake, slightly larger injectors,Lt headers,the kit and a tune and it made 469hp to the ground.