Started ordering

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, May 25, 2011.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Ok guys started ordering stuff for my truck today!! Went with Thunder Racing on my cam kit I got a 218-224 563/600 on a 112+4 lsa Cam kit with 918 springs and push rods plut i got the complete gasket and seal kit for 657 bucks. Gene said this cam would make tons of power and would sound hella nasty in my 4.8 Next on the list is a 3000 yank stall, lowering kit shift kit servo kit and new front and rear lights. Remote start kit and a double din indash cd/dvd player I am also looking for a toneau cover one that sits down in the bed so that you cant see it from the side

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds awesome:great: Let us know how much the cam and new springs help on the 4.8. I'm considering one for my 4.8 down the road.

3. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sounds bad a$$

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where did you find this kit? I have been looking for a full kit for my 5.3 sometime down the road?

5. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Thunder Racing!! I called em up told them my mods and what i was wanting I told them the grind that i wanted and they input it in the system and told me that the grind i wanted would work but the grind that i ended up ordering would work a lot better it would give me more power and sound than the other grind so they hooked me up with that they also have the install kit! I havent got my cam yet but im sure that i will be happy with it these guys are great and help a lot I also recommend Texas speed to but they were a lil more expensive than thunder racing but they both will help you out and tell you what is best for you I would buy from either one My stall is coming from Texas Speed and my Rear end is also Im gonna get my shift kit from thunder and my servo from them also NOW i need to find a place to get my lowering kit and my double din cd/dvd player from and ill be good!

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Damn buddy that lil 4.8 is already fast as hell that should help a good bit with HP and Torque and should sound damn good too! I seen the video on your truck does it get from 0-60 in 6 second's that pretty damn good for a 4.8 now it will be even faster and sound hella better update me and post a video of how it sounds hope it all goes well man!