Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Starter dont click or spin

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by SAGO, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SAGO

SAGO New Member

For the past few months intermidently I would get nothing turning the key but a click at the relay. This morning she started like normal, and I stopped for coffee and smokes on my way to work. I sat in the 7-11 parking lot for 2 hours after checking relays, connections at the starter Ect. Finally I grabbed the 5/16" wrench and got a 1/2 turn out of each post. I took both terminals off and cleaned the white crusty crap off and reinstalled... She turned over like new. Hope my miss fortune helps someon

2. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah, that'll get ya a few times before it becomes one of the first things you check...We all learn things better the hard way sometimes!! At least ya didn't pay to have it towed somewhere!!!

3. SAGO

SAGO New Member

Ya no kidding!!! I'd be so pissed to pay to tow it to find a loose batt cable.

4. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Not just loose, but corroded. Both conditions are easily preventable, making the head slapping after having it towed somewhere that much more painful.

5. SAGO

SAGO New Member

Well it did it again this morning, after finding out and fixing one issue, and knowing that wasn't the same thing, I tapped on the ingnition module that's tied to the ground cable it fired up. Thinking I'm going to have to buy something now.

6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

My truck kept doing that, I actually had to replace the terminals. Hasn't done it since.