Starter or flywheel ??????????please help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by babybtch_tx, Feb 21, 2010.

1. babybtch_tx

babybtch_tx New Member

having probs with either the starter ot the flywheel, I don't know. had a couple look at it. One said on thing the other said , well u know pleased help! Sonja M.

2. jedepsub

jedepsub Rockstar

Can you give more detail on the situation, so we can help.

3. babybtch_tx

babybtch_tx New Member

SOME TIMES IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO WANT TO START. Acts like it's going to start then make a squilling noise, I guess like it's grinding on something.If it is the fly wheel, is that easy to replace? Thank you Sonja M

4. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

No. The flywheel is not easy to replace. The starter is. If it is making a grinding noise "sometimes" it sounds like it could be a bad solenoid. Which is even easier to replace. I would recommend removing the starter (2 bolts) taking it to AutoZone and having them test the starter and solenoid. They can tell you if either is bad. While you have it out take a look at your flywheel and see if it is ate up. Expect some scratches and what not from the grinding you are experienceng now but if it is outrageous like broken teeth and what not you may have to get your flywheel replaced.

5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I agree that its the starter. Put one in my truck just a few months ago.