1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Starter trouble

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Cheezeball, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cheezeball

Cheezeball New Member

I GOT A 1996 CHEV. 1500 SERIES PKUP I HAD to replace the ringear, starter, shim and batt. all new parts. starter drags and kicks back
    Act like its out of time. Gonna try a new crankshaft sensor but it lookslike a fairly new one already in there. I have the batt. unhooked
    will that clear the computer ? Ben pulling my hair out this thing is driving me nuts it just seams to never end.

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC, glad to have you here. I dont think id be able to help but, does the check engine light come on?

3. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

This (New Member) is probably not the place for this. But, disconnecting the battery usually clears the error codes, but the codes will come back if the issue is not resolved. Are you sure it is the correct starter? It is not cold there, is it? ;>)

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, give some info that will help us help you.

You replaced a lot of things, did it work fine before the items were installed; or, did you rebuild it and this is the first time you tried to start it?

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC