1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting issue here

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Enrouk, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Enrouk

Enrouk New Member

Hi everyone,

i have a 2001 tahoe with the 5.3l v8 engine 4x4, the problem i have here happen 2 time this winter, i try to start my truck with the remote starter, they start, run for half of a second and stop, my engine heater is plug, its not about a big cold outside.

so i try to start it with my key, same problem, they start, run for half of a second and stop, no miss fire, i check all my fuse, everything is ok, then they start and everything is ok, a month later, same thing, a few tap on the top of the dash, key barrel, fuse box and a good punch on the gas tank, and they start.... when i turn the key to ignition i can hear normal opperating sound of the fuel pump....

i remember last summer i heard my fuel pump as been louder than normal, a punch on the tank and up we go......

do you think they can by the antitheif system on my key the can be the problem,.......i want to see if i a commun problem, and where to star.....
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it could be the anti-theft system or it could be a fuel pump problem. I would borrow a fuel pressure gauge from an autoparts store and check out the pressure. I believe that it should be at least 55 psi.
  3. Enrouk

Enrouk New Member

ok, i will check the fuel pressure first, i will give you the update on this...thanks
  4. deerslayer3503

deerslayer3503 New Member

I agree with pikey check your fuel pressure and if you have issues start with replacing the filter if you have an external filter if not the filter may be built onto the fuel pump assembly, might be that or could be the regulator on the fuel pump