1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting issue please help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 1999chevroletsilverado, Oct 16, 2012.

1. I have a 99 2500 and once I shut the truck off and it sits for like more than 5 mins and when I turn the key it takes like 5-7 seconds to start. It will roll over but just takes like 5 mins to fire up. But if I shut it off and come back before 5 mins it will start right up. And if I get home at night and wake up in the morning to go start it, it will start right up. What could be the culprit??
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you have a check engine light on?
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd look at the fuel delivery system first, check fuel pressures for static and running.
  4. PolishSilverado

PolishSilverado New Member

I also have the same problem on a 00 silverado 2500 it starts then dies and it keeps doing that till i hit the throttle to keep it running then it idles low anything?
  5. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

SAME THING . check fuel pressure . 60-62 psi key on engine off. engine running need more than 52psi.

if its not the fuel pump the pressure with the engine running should be 57psi in most vehicles I have tested.

if it starts then stalls I would say its around 50 psi.
  6. 69duke

69duke New Member

Sounds like you might have one or more fuel injectors spritzing. Or leaking. When the truck sets the fuel injectors leak gas into the cylinders and is causing a flooded condition. Try cleaning with Seafoam or other injector cleaner. Remove them and clean them. Look for the instructions to test the injectors to see what kind of spray they are shooting,.