1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by eyegore, Jun 6, 2013.

1. eyegore

eyegore Rockstar 100 Posts

'07 Silverado occasionally has starting issues. Won't turn over. Nothing. Just starting to flash "service anti theft deterrent system". What's up with that? What can I expect when I take it to the garage and would I have to service it at a Chevy garage?
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

when you turn the key to start with the headlights on what happens ?

starter solenoid could be bad/loose wiring to it. battery should be load tested .
  3. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

starter relay could be bad also.. key energize the relay which energizes the starter solenoid.
  4. eyegore

eyegore Rockstar 100 Posts

Has a 1 yr. old battery. Last month inspection there was a loose wire on the starter. That got tightened. Sometimes there is an audible click then nothing. If I pull the key out, then try again, it starts. Flashes the service theft deterrent system. If I hit the OnStar when it happens again, would they be able to diagnose the problem?