1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

starting problem will not crank

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 96sonoma, Feb 20, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

correct undo the nuts that hold the wires to the solenoid.
  2. 96sonoma

96sonoma New Member

ok so as long as its not raining tomorrow ill take it out bring it to auto zone have them test it if its dead i guess ill shell out the 100 or so to get a new one and hope it works
  3. Conlan Rose

4. 96sonoma

96sonoma New Member

if not anyone has any other ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

ok so its raining here.. so i dont think im getting it out today, so either before work tomorrow or monday ill have it out
  5. 95K1500

95K1500 New Member

Sounds like you probably have a bad starter... make sure the battery is good and has no corrosion or connection problems, then try tapping on the starter while turning the key if it starts then you're starter is bad and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't start then get a breaker bar and see if you can turn the engine to make sure it isn't seized.
  6. 96sonoma

96sonoma New Member

thanks for the response but seems like you didnt read but i tried tapping the starter nothing the batt is deff good and i turnd the engine with a regualer wrench as long as the pully i turnt was the right one, i also jumped the starter solianoid with the samething just one click
  7. 96sonoma

96sonoma New Member

ok gentlmen so i took out the stater took it to auto zone and it PASSED so what i did next was say to my self its autozone soo i bought a new/remanerfactured starter put it in and it now works =]
  8. Conlan Rose

Yay!!! Its weird that it passed tho.
  9. 96sonoma

96sonoma New Member

yea put the test it dosnt test it under load or anything but i took it off and if i shook it i could hear stuff moving thats the only reason i got a new one to.. but the test just sees if the gear moves thats it and in the test theres hardly any resistant on the gear
  10. Conlan Rose

Well at least you got it running again.