1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

starting problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChevyPrincess, May 31, 2009.

1. ChevyPrincess

ChevyPrincess New Member

I got a 99 jimmy that turns over and but wont run. took it all apart and it is getting fuel. Any ideas ???
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

I would check for spark first. If you have spark it should try to fire or backfire providing you have fuel. What did you take apart?
  3. ChevyPrincess

ChevyPrincess New Member

it has spark. its a friends truck and he had the intake off and the fuel hoses and he said it was pouring gas out when he started it. the engine light is also on i am now informed so maybe he can fix it from that i hope.
  4. stubby

stubby New Member

Hi,
    What Engine is in this vehicle?
  5. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

6. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

ive got a 92 jimmy with a 4.3L vortec and had that problem a few years ago.it was my fuel injectors.they were pumping fuel.just way too much and flooded the engine out everytime i went to start it.did you smell gas really strong before it started doing this while you were driving?