1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting Problems, '01 Silverado 2500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by loppy crimp, May 4, 2009.

1. loppy crimp

loppy crimp New Member

My 2001 Silverado 2500 (100,000 miles) has troubles starting. On the first try, the engine will turn but not start. I try the second time and it starts everytime. I just replaced the sparks plugs with new OEM plugs from the dealer. Did not help. Not much other maintenance done to the truck other than oil and filter. ANy suggestions?
  2. wheeler32686

wheeler32686 Rockstar 100 Posts

i'm not sure, but my truck has the same problem... i think it is the fuel pump module, (not cheap) which is why i havent persued it too much, but when i explaned my problem to my friend, he seemed to think thats what it was, supposedly it is loosing its prime and i guess cranking it over is allowing the truck to prime up again. I'm not 100% on that though anyone with some knowledge or experience on this would help both of us out. any suggestions would be good too. maybe a new fuel filter?
  3. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

Check fuel pressure regulator, pull the vacuum line and if gas comes out of the pressure regulator the diaphragm inside inside is bad, takes about 10 mon to replace and costs about $55 bucks
  4. wheeler32686

wheeler32686 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks joe, i'll check that out