Starting Research on New Mud Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ippielb, Oct 26, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member

I'm starting to do my research, I'm wanting to get 35" tires, or 37" tires. Cost doesn't matter, I'm just looking for something that will last relatively long, and look very aggressive, a few tires i like are Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains, like i have right now, Nitto Terra Mud Grapplers (i heard they don't last long), Irok Mud Terrains (also hear they dont last long, but are wide which i like), BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2.

Does anyone have any ideas for tires around 35"-37" tall? They can be Metric size or standard doesn't matter, i know some people paid extra just so they can say they have 35s or whatever.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

3. ippielb

ippielb New Member

That was the site i was using to research so far, but a lot of the reviews are unreliable because some are all for them and others just hate them. I haven't found a tire that's all around good.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

That does seem to be how most reviews go. I try to do the whole throw out the top and bottom reviews and pick somewhere betweento get the general idea of the tire. Yokahama has a mud tire they may still call it the geolander mt. I've done well with yokohama tires in the past and I know lots of people like the BFGs
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

I myself like the Toyo MT's. I would be careful going any larger than 35's on a 1500. I have heard that 37's and up over stress the half ton axles.
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member

look into the goodyear wrangler mt/r with Kevlar, excellent mud traction when we did the ride and drive we had jeep wranglers they had us stop in a mud hole for 5 min then drive out and it did it with little effort
  7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member

Im partial to the toyo mt's, but who isn't;)
  8. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

id have to say the bfg km2 are nice, i have the original km which i would reccommend but since they are a dying breed i reccommend the km2, my friend has some on his jeep and he loves them so id reccommend them, they do great in the mud
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

so most of these probably wont last long but,

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=13&g=1 :great:

I actually want the LTB's or Narrow SS for my landrover but I think the Narrow SS will be too big being 34's

But a little more seriously Im not sure how the trxus mud terrain tires last but being from superswamper should be pretty good in the mud and said made more for highway too.

And their M16 is supposed to be a cross between a all terrain and mud tire but with the big mudder look
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  10. Dukman89

Dukman89 New Member

Just got a new set of pro comp xtreme mud terain 315/70/17, been in the mud once and they walked all over it! Fairly low road noise, but not sure of the tread life yet. So far a good tire.
  11. unplugged

unplugged New Member

I'd like to try a set of the Toyo's but I'm just breaking in a set of the new Wrangler MT/R kevlars. I don't get much mud out here in the Mojave Desert. Just not enough water! I do spend time in sand, gravel, and the rocky stuff and the Wranglers have been great. Usually I average 3 flats a month and so far....zero. Probably just jinxed myself, but heck that's why I carry a plug kit.

offroad.com has a write up on the Wranglers.
    [​IMG]
  12. ippielb

ippielb New Member

I'm mainly looking at 34-35 inch tires after doing tests with flexing to see how much clearance i have.
  13. woopampaintep

woopampaintep New Member