Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Starving for Fuel

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dfhollums, Dec 27, 2012.

1. dfhollums

dfhollums Rockstar

My wife's 1999 Suburban shut off on her this morning while on the highway coming home from the grocery store. The truck will crank, but will not turn over. I attempted the least expensive fix first in replacing the fuel pump relay, negative results though. I do not hear the fuel pump prime up when the ignition is first turned on so I reckon it is the fuel pump. Any other ideas?

2. a.graham52

a.graham52 Rockstar 100 Posts

hit the bottome of the tank with a rubber/plastic mallot right near the center while somone is cranking the engine. if it fires up then its deff the fuel pump. if it doesnt... could still be a fuel pump.