State Park Police Incident

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TimTom64b, Jul 29, 2013.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I took the family camping this past weekend... and we were traveling thru the park when I had one of the park police tailing me... I'm like oh crap... watched my speed... easy on the throttle etc. To avoid getting pulled over for some violation. Kept driving around for 17 miles or so hope he would pull off somewhere. Eventually saw one of the general stores figured I pull in easy like hoping be would pass me by. Nope... he pulls in behind me directly blocking my truck. OK... so I get out... everyone looking at me and I'm thinking oh crap... I approach his vehicle and he says awesome truck... and asked allot of questions about it. Talk about having your heart skip a beat....:)))

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

So a cop followed you 17 miles just to ask about your truck??? Our tax dollars well spent.... :grrrrrr:

3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hahaha oh wow. I would've said thanks but you don't happen to have a fresh pair of shorts do you?

4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

It probably was more like 12 miles... it was agonizing drive those speeds... 35... 30... and 25. I'm sure the people at the store were expecting to see something cool... they all had that s#$ss grins on their faces.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow 17 miles at what speed? Even at freeway speeds that's 17 minutes, I got the impression that you were at on one of those 15 MPH roads, so that's like an hour, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that's never fun to be driving at those speeds, especially if you're not at a place where you can fight it in case you disagree with the ticket because it would cost too much to come back to appear in court. :)

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I doubt much happens in a state park so the cop was just making rounds. Usually when a cop follows you for THAT long, they are looking to pull you over.

7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah
    I would have been p$#@ing on myself
    See-THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS from having too nice a truck!!
    My 1998 Suburban-few dings-I'lll never have that problem
    Wanna trade-straight up??
    ha,ha guess not!
    Charlie

8. Parkrat

Parkrat Member

Got a 89 GMC tracker sle 1.6 a/t 4x4 2 dr tin top with a/c 245000 kms. Runs good rides ruff.

9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah- The old "RUNS GOOD"
    that is about what my 98 suburban is worth to anyone but me
    I've had it 6+ years-28000 miles- it has been very reliable-comfortable-decent mpg
    so it is worth much more to me than the maybe $1500-$2000(if I was lucky) I could get if I attempted to sell it(cost me $2950 in 2007 with 195,000 miles-223,000 now)
    yep 89 tracker- in that same "runs good" ballpark-
    But my AC works well-you are so far N doubt you have one.

IN any case TimTom has too nice a truck!!

10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's like too much money or too much fun - there's no such thing!