1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

State's Lift Laws

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ChromeSilver02, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

good link, i think that should have a sticky myself. maybe we should start a useful info section? stuff like this could go in there, along with basic lift/tire size info, and anything else we come up with.

Alex
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I have state farm for all my insurance stuff and nothing changed when I lifted it.
  3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

No i have never been there.

So how much did you have to pay for your insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

No i have never been there.

So how much did you have to pay for your insurance.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I don't remember. It was not much at all. It was insured as a recreational vehicle, because I had 2 other trucks in my name at the time. Full coverage was around $420 a year I believe. I picked up a cheap life insurance policy for $11 a month that dropped my insurance by about $30 a month because of a multi line discount
  5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Ok so its about maybe about 200 bucks more than what i pay. and anyways i wouldn't put a 6" lif on it, i would just put 2 maybe 3" suspension lift. also why would you want a body lift.
  6. Pikey

I did the body lift first. Then I did the suspension. I was able to fit 38's 18.5" wide with no issue. I had "lift lips" that covered the gaps in the wheel wells, between the bed and frame, and between the rear bumper and tailgate. It looked very clean and allowed me to get the tires I wanted under it. Back then the biggest suspension kit they made was 6". Now I have seen 12-14" kits
  7. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

oofta. why would you even want a 12-14" lift kit. also what are all the ways you can lift i vehicle is there a way you would be able to lift it with out getting a kit?
  8. nBrown88

nBrown88 New Member

A whopping 2 inches of lift in MA, C'mon man!
  9. Ha, I wouldn't sorry about the 2". I don't think cops would bother u around here. There is always a way to get a sticker :rofl:
  10. Pikey

I wanted 38.5's or bigger on it.