1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steel braided tranny cooler lines.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Tiny1987, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

Does any one know of any preassembled kits for the 4L60E cooler lines going to the rad. I don't like the rubber ones and would like to put in some steel braided lines. They don't have to have quick connectors or anything fancy like that. any feedback would be great thanks
  2. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

Its for a 2004 silverado 4wd W/O and external cooler
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wait, your truck stock had rubber lines for the transmission cooler??? That's a first for me. When I put an aftermarket tranny cooler in my Suburban, I ran all rubber transmission cooler lines, and was then chastised by jimmiiee for doing that.
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Who me? :) LOL I didn't mean any harm Chris. The factory lines are always steel but they do have rubber sections. You could probably take your stock steel / rubber lines to a hydraulic shop and have some braided lines crimped on. Personally I think the stock ones are OK just as they are as long as they don't touch anything.
  5. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

The problem i'm having is i live in canada and when the fluid gets cold it thickens up and pops one of the lines off going to the cooler inside of the rad. this is the second year in a row its happened and its getting annoying.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try replacing the wire clips with new ones. The wire clips get worn. The alternative is to cut off the quick disconnects and change the fittings to the old style.