1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering has a "binding" feeling

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by mwa3c, May 23, 2013.

1. mwa3c

mwa3c New Member

Very good information. Did not even know this truck would have "speed sensitive steering"..

So, I just got under the truck and did some looking around. Found a connector on the back of the Power steering pump. Pulled that connector off, drove around, and no more problem!

For poops and giggles, i put the connector back on. drove around. Problem was back!

So, i think i found my .99 cent fix. Unplug the sending unit to the power steering pump that adjusts the pressure!
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My understanding is that, when you disable the EVO system, the power steering system essentially reverts to a "traditional" power steering system. If everything else is otherwise working as you should, disabling it might be the easiest solution.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Glad that fixed the problem. As I had no idea those were there either. Something to put into my less than infinite knowledge:great:
    [MENTION=11846]MrShorty[/MENTION], I tried giving your earlier post rep points but it says I have to spread the love around a little more first:lol: