1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering Issue

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Dixt635r, May 11, 2008.

1. Dixt635r

Dixt635r New Member

I have a 2002 Yukon Denali AWD that has recenly started giving me steering problems. Sitting at idle I can easily turn my wheels to the right, but when I try to turn to the left its hard to turn and I get a medium pitched whining noise from under the hood. I took my left front tire off today and turned my wheel back and forth with no load on the drivers front. the steering seems easy and no noise is heard. I replaced the drivers side front tire and im getting the same symptoms as before. I feel no play in the wheel bearings and was wondering if the power steering pump was going out would it give me this trouble turning in one direction only? I have 22" wheels that I put on the truck about a year ago, I dont know whether this xtra weight caused me problems. Please advise.
  2. FireRed

FireRed New Member

I had I think the same issue a few years back on my old sub, it turned out to be the valve that directs the pummps oil from one side to the other for steering assist. The shop just greased it and it was fixed, if the pump was going south the problem would be in both directions.

Phil
  3. Dixt635r

Dixt635r New Member

Thanks for the insight, I'll pursue the issue and see can I remedy this problem without major funding. Thanks again man.