1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Steering Issue's....Any Idea's???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Lynn, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Lynn

Lynn New Member

I need some help with my 2005 Sierra 4 x 4, the steering is lock to the left, already had power steering pump replaced, no change! Any ideas?

2. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the answer to your question, but someone will come along pretty soon that does. You might try searching to see if you can find something close. The forum is full of great information and people that will surely have an answer.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:

Note:
    If you don't get a response in the next day or so on this then I recommend posting your inquiry in the 'Technical Forums' section as appropriate to the type of issue you have ... or in the 'GM Platforms' section specific to your vehicle. You'll reach a wider group of the forum members that way ... and target your inquiry more directly to those who might already have experience with it.

4. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club ^^^^^what surreal said

5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

***Thread Moved***
    To The
    General Tech Q&A Section

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The first thing I would suspect would be the gearbox

8. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

I second that. The gear box is probably hung up.

9. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

$(KGrHqQOKpkE26j0LLhJBN0vg1VkDQ~~_35.jpg

That ^ might be hung up best picture I can readily find. See if I can't dig up a better one

10. steved

steved Former Member

Agreed...this would be the first place to start, then look at all the steering components that move when the steering wheel is turned (including the steering column itself).

You should be able to block the truck from moving, and have a friend try to move the steering back and forth...if its in the gear box, nothing downstream of the gearbox should appear to move (there is always a little play in steering assemblies, so something should move if its not the box).