1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

steering issues...

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by chew246214, Oct 30, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. chew246214

chew246214 New Member 100 Posts

Hey does anybody have any issues with their steering wheel moaning/ groaning while turning... I don;t think the steering has gone hard or anything, just sounds like the wheel... Might be noise transferred up from further down the shaft or pump, I really don't know.... I just picked the truck up last week, and I will tell you it's really annoying.... BTW 2005 Crew cab 4x4 with a 5.3
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey Tricia
    What IS GMs' "plan"?? Is the plan to pay forthe repairs of his vehicle even though it is FIVE (5) years out of warranty? Obviously Chew can't afford to go with you to the GM dealership anymore & that is why he is seeking help here, from us, where it is FREE!! You seem to offer services to a lot of people here like this & the majority of them (90%) ARE ALREADY OUT OF WARRANTY!!