Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering Knock

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jamie246, May 11, 2010.

1. jamie246

jamie246 New Member

I have an 2005 crew cab Z71. Has anyone experienced a steering knock while driving? I is almost like a dull rattle, more noticeable when going slow and turning or on a rough road.
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

3. gwinnraptor

gwinnraptor New Member

4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

before you disconnect the ishaft check for play in the lower column bearing
  5. jamie246

jamie246 New Member

Thanks for the info. Only thing is that this is a interim fix only. I found that they have improved the shaft design to eliminate the grease from leaking out. A replacement intermediate upper shaft is around $75.00 on-line. However, I have a question: the dealer says that one needs to be careful to install the new shaft properly so as not to have the steering wheel work backwards. Any idea how to determine the proper installation to avoid problems?