1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering Pop

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by rileyjr16, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, so when I went home on leave and finally got to drive my truck, I would notice a little pop in my steering. It happens at very low speeds like 0-10MPH. It does it in forward and reverse and happens when I'm like backing out of a space or turning into the driveway. I feel it a little bit in the steering wheel and some in the gas pedal.

My dad and brother (both very competent mechanics) changed the inner tie rods, upper ball joints and a few other things but I'm not sure.
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Is this the steering column knock you are feeling or more in the suspension?
  3. rileyjr16

Feels like its in the suspension. Mostly sounds like it comes from the front left tire when I have the window down. I can replicate it if I really tried to.
  4. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Might be the wheel bearing. Is it four wheel drive? Maybe a CV joint?
  5. rileyjr16

Im thinking cv joint too. Wheel bearings aare brand but you know how that can go