1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverstreak, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak New Member

I noticed the left front tire is getting a bit of a shake to it, and the other day I smelt a burning rubber smell coming from the brake/tire area, so I assume a possible wheel bearing.

Last night I noticed at a complete stop I can turn my steering wheel all the way to the right, but left I can only go half a turn and it has lots of resistance and will not move, do not really notice it when driving though. Truck has a 4-5" suspension lift, 2 inch body, 35 inch tires. 2004 Silverado 1500 4x4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
  2. thrasher

thrasher New Member 100 Posts

I would advise against driving any further until you have that problem sorted. Sounds like something underneath the front end was either bent or broken. just a guess.
  3. Silverstreak

Silverstreak New Member

Steering gear box is shot. Parked until its fixed. Thanks for suggestions though lol, it was the right one