Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

steering problem

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by mwolfe25, May 17, 2010.

1. mwolfe25

mwolfe25 New Member

Ever since i got my 2002 burban i hae had steering issues. At first i had a lot of play in the front end, then we changed out inner and outer tie rod ends on both sieds and the idler arm. Then i got an alignment and this fixed most of the problem with the play in the steering wheel. and about three days after that my power steering pump went out. I got that changed and then I went to the zoo with my family and on the way there every once and a while at highway speeds it would feel like the steering wheel would just go limp and i would have about 4 to 5 inches of play in it but it would go away. It scared the crap out of me. What in the heck is the problem with this truck can anyone help me?

2. mwolfe25

mwolfe25 New Member

I need to add something. When i was putting in my inner tie rods on the passenger side i had a really hard time trying to thread it in. I had to end up tilting the tie rod to get it to thread in. It acted like the center link was bent because it took me a long time to do the passenger tie rod and when i went to the drivers tie rod it went right in with no problem. Would a bent center link cause steering issues?