Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering wheel lights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by aheitkemper, Jan 4, 2008.

1. aheitkemper

aheitkemper New Member

I am new I have an 05 with all but one steering wheel light out. I called the dealership. $500 bucks to repair. 4 clusters of lights at $95 a pop and then $104 for labor. How do you change these things?

Plus I got a dash light out on the passenger temp control. How do you replace that?

Thanks,
    Alex
  2. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  3. audible

audible Member

Interior light issues

I have almost the same lights out. Pass temp control, batt gauge in cluster, all but volume on steering wheel, driver's door window controls, some radio lights. What the heck??:grrrrrr:

Audible
    2006 Silverado 4x4, 2500HD, LT
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

they go when they go, no cheap to fix unfortunitly. kinda cheap lights all the way around. a popular mod is putting leds in.

Alex
  5. audible

audible Member

Thanks for the reply. Dealer says they will fix the lights...we'll see what actually happens. I said I would file complaints with state and Chevy Corp:grrrrrr:...probably why. I also noticed today that the headliner is separating on drivers side. Man makes me want to buy a Toyota. Oh well, hopefully I can get these issues worked out and it will be smooth sailing.:glasses:
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Let's keep this in perspective -- you're levying threats and wanting to switch brands over -steering wheel lights- ??? I could understand if it were a transmission or blown head or something, but c'mon. Lighten up (pun intended!) a little... it's just not that serious. In fact, it's not serious, at all. Annoying, yes. Serious? No.

Surreal
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. audible

audible Member

Just frustrating. I'm sure all will be resolved.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've been tyring to find write-ups of how to do LED conversions on the steering wheel button lights but only zigger215's stuff comes close. :(
  9. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'll update my build thread with better info tonight on how to do a steering wheel conversion along with part numbers
  10. audible

audible Member

Issue Solved............................................ ...............

:great:
    Well, the dealer ended up being awesome. They simply took the truck back and allowed me to select another one!! :glasses: