1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steering wheel vibration.

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by impaladave, Sep 12, 2005.

1. impaladave

impaladave New Member

Hi everyone!,
    I'm new to the forum, but not new to chevy's. I(and my family) have owned many trucks and cars from GM.
    I currently own a 500hp blown 96 Impala SS, and now a 04 Black Tahoe LT with every option available.

I have a slight vibration in the steering column that my friend also had on his 2000 silverado. It was a bushing in the steering column, could I be having the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've had vibration in the steering column of several different vehicles. Once it was a bad tie-rod end (scary, almost went out on me!). However, most of the time it was just simply out of balance tires, or a dented wheel from hitting a curb, etc.
  3. impaladave

impaladave New Member

I have 30000 miles, so I don't think it's a fron end issue. I think it's the bushing in the steering column. It goes to the dealer tomorrow, I'll keep anyone who cares posted on the outcome.

Thanks,
    Dave
  4. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

vibration

I was a GM mechanic for 7 years and have seen this alot. Its the intermediate shaft in the steering shaft that does this. They had a redesign for it and also a lube kit that is supposed to fix it.