1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

step rails. how to install?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bigrob1977, Jul 4, 2008.

1. bigrob1977

bigrob1977 New Member

ok here's the plan. crome step rails on the 08 colorado crew cab. question how hard are they to install? i am pretty handy with tools but is this a drilling job? or is it pretty much bolt on ?:neutral:
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Depends on the brand and manufacturer if you will need to drill.
  3. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 New Member

in my experience you usually don't need to drill anything to mount step bars. usually what you have to do is un-bolt some body mounts and replace them with the supplied hardware in the step bar kit. this just requires some big wrenches and that's it...
  4. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 New Member

Rob, Im thinking of the same mod, let me know which you choose, and how you like them, I was thinking of the Westin aluminum bars..any thoughts?
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

westin makes qulity stuff. i had westin steps on my truck till i put the body lift on and the bolts were too short to put them back on. and they are easy to install most bolt right up to the body mounts