GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Stephan's PSA

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stephan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. stephan

stephan New Member

ok guys, I didn't want to start a thread for this so am posting it here:

Please, take care of yourself this Christmas.
    A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related.

This means that the remaining 77% are caused by azzholes who just drink coffee, carbonated drinks, juices, milk, water, and sh*t like that.

Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times as many accidents.

This message is sent by someone who cares about your well being.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

Tough rocks!
    New thread started on your behalf.:na:
  3. stephan

stephan New Member

rofl Patrick.. I wish I had the stats on the number of women who cruise down the freeway at 75mph putting on their makeup & running people off the road lol...
  4. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

have a safe one guys! i guess i better layoff the Monster and coffee...hahaha! Merry Xmas!
  5. jwco5.3

jwco5.3 New Member

First forum I've ever been on worried about my personal safety. GMTC FTW. Thanks Stephan.:glasses:
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member

Easier said than done laying off the Monsters!! *as I am drinking one right now*

Merry Christmas and hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas!
  7. phoebeisis

phoebeisis New Member

Cellphones and texting-
    A woman in a spanking new Mercedes gently rear ended me at a redlight 1 month ago-
    Guess what she was doing?
    No damage despite my driving the Prius- not the Suburban.
    Yeah, she was screwing around with her phone.
    Charlie
  8. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Others see this as a very non-selfish and caring move on Stephan's part. I see it being very selfish on his part-he doesn't want us to die because then he wouldn't have anyone to talk to any more!!!! ;)

But in all seriousness, do be careful out there guys. Even if you are "ok" to drive, there are so many check points that getting a DUI is a serious possibility, not to mention the inherent risks involved with driving impaired. BE SAFE (and always use a condom :) )
  9. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

:party:MERRY X-MAS back to all and A HALLELHULJA to Stephan on this ...LMAO !!! hahaha:rofl:
  10. stephan

stephan New Member

Funny stuff Kid. Yep it's selfish on my part to want all of you to survive, & for the exact reason you stated lol.. I'm especially worried about you out there on the islands. I don't remember Hawaiis' DUI stats but half the cast that was shooting that movie got DUIs on the way to & from the sets, soooo you better brush up on your denfensive driving skills.
    :)
    I think we all gotta stop drinking the bottled water. I stopped drinking that crap 8 years ago & haven't gotten a ticket since
  11. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

Back at ya guys, Happy Holidays, and stay safe.

BTW Stephan, the number of replies this thread has gotten is why I moved your post.
    You didn't thread jack, but it would have become that way.
  12. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl New Member

I guess someone could be drinking, texting, putting on makeup, and changing clothes all at the same time, that might be worse.
  13. stephan

stephan New Member

You forgot sleeping, reading & having sex.. lol
  14. stephan

stephan New Member

UN FRICKIN BELIEVABLE!! I've never seen that
  15. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

It's unbelieveable what you'll see people do while driving. I have to admit to doing some pretty stupid things in the past but I've certainly gotten wiser in my more recent years. Thanks for the announcemant, Stephan and I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas with friends and family (or even by yourself)!

As if you needed another reason to drive safely (besides the fac that by not doing so you're putting your life and the lives of those around you in jepordy) allow me to share a little something with you. A friend of mine who lives in another town bought a brand new Texas Edition about the same time that I bought my truck. Since then (less than a year... about 9 months) I have babied my truck to make sure that it lasts me for years after it's paid for! I recently saw my friend (and his truck) and was shocked at the shape it was in. He had dents and scrapes down one of the sides. The front bumper was messed up, and it looked horrible. I asked him if he got in a wreck and he said, "just a couple". What caused it you wonder? A mutual friend wasn't afraid to tell me. Both times he was texting while driving. Luckily no one was hurt either time (only a guard rail or two) but his truck looks like ****. Just another reason to be a responsible driver!
  16. stephan

stephan New Member

Thanks for the good wishes Vin & we all wish you & your family the same great Christmas & hope that you enjoy your time off from school.
    Thankfully texting & cell phones have been illegal here since 1-1-'10, (but you still see a lot of it) & untill they start clamping down on women puting on makeup, & doing their hair, we still need to d.d. 24/7.
  17. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

AND EATING...

i do have to say.. i seen it all !!! LOL
  18. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

HAHAHAHA...+1 for your DAD...but i heard that all the time from mine too..so now nobody knows whos right ?!!!!

hey, wait a minute does that actually make any sense .....
  19. stephan

stephan New Member

LOL, no it doesn't cover eating, cuz eating doesn't require any "concentration"
  20. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

U must have some odd SEX if u need to concentrate for that ...HAHAHAHA

Oh, forgot. your getting old..LMAO