Steps bars or no step bars?

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by AnimalYates, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Thinking of taking my step bars off... I don't really need them and think they make the bottom of my truck a little cluttered. My lady claims she "needs" them to get in though lol.

What do you guys think?

1.jpg 009.jpg

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I say either keep them on because it doesn't look to bad to be honest ha. The second thing you could do is try to sell them and get a really nice step bars and want be coming outta pocket since you would make some off of the ones you have on your truck now. I like my N-fab they sit closer to the frame and don't sag as much as the ones you have so they wouldnt look cluttered bud and they also look really good too hope this helps man!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Back in '05 that was the first thing I did when I got my truck to the shop, took off the factory step bars. I think the trucks looks taller without the step bars and the front plastic airdam removed.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If there is not a posibility of ripping your pants getting in you don't need them. My old lady made me get them once I got leveled and 33's but it is a constant battle. Righ now I am winning! ;)

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My trucks lifted so I keep a small footstool in the bed of my truck for my wife.:lol:

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I took mine off for a cleaner look since I lowered the truck, but it's still a little tough for my wife to get in (5' 1") If I ever get to drop it a further 2" she'll be much happier! Point is, if you don't need them, I say remove them.

7. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I totally agree.. i really needed some after i lifted my truck 7.5 inches and decided it was time to get some after a few months and am very happy with the N-Fabs!

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I like the look with out them. But you have to remember that if momma aint happy, nobody is happy.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There you go....

10. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I appreciate the comments guys. Although I'm still not sure whether or not I'm gonna take em off because I need to keep momma happy lol. But if I do take them off they are welded on and I'm not much of a handyman so how would I go about removing them myself?