Stepside question

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ChevyTori1997, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ChevyTori1997

ChevyTori1997 New Member

I have been trying to find some diamond plate bed rail caps for my 97 step side. Can't seem to find any. Some friends have said that fleetside and step side are the same. I haven't measured but I am positive that the step sides are wider. Anyone know of anything?

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The rails are wider?

3. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

I had a 93 stepside and the bed rail covers for a fleetside fit just fine.

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Shoer bed fleet side rails will fit fine. It is the ones that go across the leading edge of the bed and on the tailgate that will be too long. If you can't find the right ones, you can cut the fleetside ones down to fit.

5. ChevyTori1997

ChevyTori1997 New Member

Thanks guys! I guess they might be the same. I need to measure, the step sides just always looked wider to me

6. Strino78

Strino78 Member

The leading edges of the box, and the tailgate lip are narrower on a stepside than on a fleetside. Tailgate and front box trim parts are not interchangable among the Fleet and Step side body styles. Bed rail caps for a Fleetside short box are the same size as the Stepside box, as the boxes are the same length. The lip isn't "wider", you have been mis-informed.

I'll throw this out there... I guarantee they have what you're looking for: http://www.lmctruck.com