1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stereo Install...Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by toolskizm, Jan 13, 2009.

1. toolskizm

toolskizm New Member

I've been searching the forums here...both the Silverado thread and the audio section for a guide or information, but to no avail. I've also searched the internet quite a bit and can't seem to find much. Could anyone point me in the right direction to a guide/how-to for the removal of panels/dash of a 2009 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab?

I believe 07 or 08 would be the same. I'm just really not finding much information on how to take the panels off. I'm looking to replace all the speakers and put in an Alpine-IVA W200. Depending on how involved it is to get the truck apart...I may do it myself. But, if it's too big of a deal, likely look more into having someone do it at a store.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ukrkoz

ukrkoz New Member

you know, stereos manufacturers should be a good source of info. they got diagrams for everything.
    honestly, most large stores, like Bestbuy, will install it for free with stereo purchase. and you have WARRANTY, baby. can't beat that.
  3. bphenwood

bphenwood New Member

Have you tried looking at www.crutchfield.com they use to have instructions on all kinds of vehicles. And they probably have a kit that you can buy that will be a perfect match to the hole that the factory radio is going to make.
  4. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

i have a 08 sierra same thing just pull the panel around the stereo u dont have to remove screws i change the radio on my truck by myself
  5. z71boiler

z71boiler New Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009