stereo loc

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jonorobinetteee, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jonorobinetteee

jonorobinetteee New Member

i have a stock stereo from another truck. I put it in and it says loc. How do i get it unlocked?

2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC! The stock radios have a security feature that locks them if you try to put them in another vehicle other than the one they came in. I know.. who would steal the stock radio. If you take it to a dealer they can unlock it.for you. I think they usually charge $100 or so. If it is an older radio there may be a series of button pushes that can unlock it. Good luck.

3. USN_GunnerB

USN_GunnerB New Member

I had this happen to me before when I pulled the radio out to run some wires and when I put it back in it did the same thing - I was lucky enough to go to a dealer that gave me the code for that radio and let me unlock it and didnt charge me anything.

call around there might be a service tech that can do it on lunch or something

4. jonorobinetteee

jonorobinetteee New Member

yeah i looked it up online. I tried all the push one and 4 and 2 and 3. It didnt work