1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

stereo power

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by rmagni, Aug 18, 2009.

1. rmagni

rmagni New Member

Hello I have an 08 Silverado LS with the upgraded stereo with the UQ3 enhanced speakers and US8 stereo CD MP3 player the speakers dont sound to bad the stereo will just not get very loud I want to keep the XM and other feautures can you just hook an amplifier up or what changes need to be made.
    Thanks
    Robert
  2. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave New Member

You could add an amp all you need is a high-low level adapter and you can do it that way, i would get a four channel and amplify the front doors with two channels and then add a single sub in the cab and bridge the back channels for bass, its a clean overall sound and the best bang for your buck alot of people do that at our shop and love the way it sounds.
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

or get an amp with speaker level inputs
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your gonna have to deal with the no power, that is integrated into the stock head unit. GM does that to save on over driven speakers. Even the supposed great Bose system with the subwoofer has that in it as well. Every new GM truck since the NBS trucks and SUVs came out in 07 that I have been have this if they have factory audio gear. this is why I say save your money and buy aftermarket.
  5. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave New Member

Going aftermarket is the best but LAN harnesses ain't cheap and then u hafta but steering wheel controls etc.......if you want to save money and don't want to change take my advice, and the only problem with an amp with hi low level inputs is running the leads a long distance and tagging leads off the back doors is kinda ghetto but only in my opinion I like running the adapter behind the radio because in the event that u do change the stock deck most of the stuff is rgut there, I call it thinking ahead cause I learned the hard way over the years