Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Audio stereo problems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by glenn dyer, Feb 4, 2012.

1. glenn dyer

glenn dyer New Member

HELP! got a 04 silverado z71 big factory stereo system. A short time ago it started popping, not a lot of pops, just one pop every once in a while. It still worked fine thought it was a scratch in a cd maybe. One day I had to pick up baloons for my suns birthday party, a lot of them. No room left ot get in almost. even had to move the drivers seat all the way up. Static all in my hair and close, a cool winter day. I reached over and hit the on botton on the stereo system, one big pop, and no more sound. All the functions work, lighting on displays work, but no sound, and still has a singel pop every now and then, can anyone relate Glenn

2. elee33

elee33 New Member

does this only happen when the truck is cold or even when the truck is warm?

3. glenn dyer

glenn dyer New Member

stereo popping

cold or hot it pops

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is there a Snap and crackel sound too.? j/k... Was the truck ever in a wreck?

5. glenn dyer

glenn dyer New Member

stereo

Truck is mint, never been painted on, and no snap kreckel just a nice rice Criskpy POP!

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My first feeling is the head unit output has taken a dump. From your post I am reading there is no sound just popping noise correct?

7. glenn dyer

glenn dyer New Member

well not popping, just one pop at a time. every now and then I get a pop. like a conector is about to fall off, or very loose

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would pull the unit out and see if anything is grounding out.

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds like a Ground problem Thats why I asked about the truck Some body shops don't put the ground strap on good after fixing cars..It could also be a little dirt in the radio itself..