1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stereo replacements [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by MN_Burbon, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon New Member 100 Posts

Anybody thought of a good use for that spot left in the bottom of the dash after you take out the remote cd player?

I replaced my head unit that had the remote cd player to put in a dvd player and an lcd tv but now there is a hole in the dash. Its to small to fill with another audio component.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There are some companies out there that make a "dash kit" for just about every make and model on the road. This kit will cover that hole up and make it look a bit better. Try typing that into google or ebay and see what you come up with. A good custom stereo shop should be able to get one for you as well.
  3. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon New Member 100 Posts

Found a little "pocket" yesterday in the CK Resto catalog to fill this hole, should be just big enough for my cell phone and PDA. $13.95 and it comes with rails that slide right into the remote cd slot.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Great idea. Will give you a little bit more room to stick stuff when driving down the road. I would love something like that in the TrailBlazer. After I get my wallet out when going through a drive-through, I have to stick the wallet in a drink-holder bin. Would love to have a little cubby-hole to stick it in until I get out and am not sitting on my pockets again.
  5. pntbllrules53

pntbllrules53 New Member

Yeah the extra spot is handy but in my 'burban there are pokets on the inside of the doors. But I dont have any cup holders so I often resort putting my cup in there and hold it with my left hand or put my left leg there so it doesn't fall.

If I had the hole I'd buy a CB so I can communicate with friends, but thats just my group of friends.
  6. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow... CB? I didn't know anyone still used those! You guys should come over to amateur radio where you can chat across the state with a handheld! LOL!

The test isn't difficult, and you don't have to know any code.
  7. canamrotax

canamrotax New Member

How about one of the new backup camera/rear-view lcd?
  8. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

That would be great. The prices are coming down on those units and the safety feature would be great.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.