Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stereo System for 1999 2500(New Body Style)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bluebrick, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Any reccomendations on a good stereo system w/cd for a 1999 Silverado 2500. Is there an OEM one? Does anyone have BOSE in theirs? Thanks.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the Bose setup in my 04 and tore it out; it's junk. What I replaced it with can be found in my sig.
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

But one must get out their readers to go through all S's upgrades. use patience and be thorough :sign0016:
  4. Cujonaut

Cujonaut New Member

I've always preferred Sony because they work good, they're reliable, and they're relatively inexepensive, but any single din head unit will work. You can get a 2 din head unit but you have to cut out the piece of dash cover between the stereo and climate control unit. You can get pretty nice cd players for a good price, usually less than $100. You should get one that also plays MP3/WMA format cd's (more bang for your buck). You also have to buy the installation kit so it fits the rails where your stock radio goes, and to cover up the extra space the 1.5 din stock radio took up. Lastly, be sure to get the GM antenna adapter so you can listen to your FM radio.