1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple. Faces severe health crisis.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ChevyFan, Aug 25, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What's everyone think about Steve Job's stepping down from being CEO of Apple?

I did some reading on him, that's a very interesting story. I learned a lot that I had no clue about him prior to this.

- He was adopted by working-class parents in California and his biological parents stayed together (college students) and had another child, Mona Simpson who is a famous author and didn't know Jobs was her biological brother.

- He dropped out of college after one semester. But, he did go back to to audit a caligraphy course, which he credits for helping him appreciate the aestetics of the devices he makes.

- Was told after he came back to Apple by the board that no one would buy tech consumer electronic goods.

- Practices Zen Buddhism.

- Spent a year backpacking around India in his late teens and took LSD which he credited with helping him unlock his mind.

- Not a vegetarian, because he does eat fish.

- Married with three children, but prior this this he had a child out-of-wedlock and he denied paternity even going so far as to sign court documents claiming he was sterile. He did eventually accept paternity and worked at having a relationship with his daughter.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

There was an interesting portrayal of him in Pirates of Silicone Valley.