1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sticker Questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 763chev, Sep 16, 2010.

1. 763chev

763chev New Member

Hey i was just wondering if stickers and decals that are applied to windows are totally removable or not? Even residues or marks? If someone could help me out that would be great! Thanks!!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

When I worked at the shop I had a big BFGoodrich and Warn decals on my rear windows. When I removed them after a few years it did leave a residues at first but that did come off little by little in a few months.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Most of it will come off. Depending on the decal material - paper decals will clean up with soap n water, vinyl will take something a little stronger.

I have always peeled what I can, then used a razor blade or push knife to get the big stuff. A little penatrating oil will loosen most vinyl glues, but could also stain your paint and rubber goods. Silicone spray works pretty well, too. The silicone will actually get between the glue and surface to break the bond. Clean the residue of the those products with glass cleaner.

STB mentioned the decals on the windows - I have found that, on aftermarket tint, the decal protects the tint from UV, and will remain dark under where the decal was. That's in the tint, and won't come out.

Good luck,
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member

Don't you know that decals and stickers make the car go faster? Just ask the ricers :).
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Razor blades and windex did the trick on the decals i had on my back window.
  6. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

I always just used a razor blade to get the stickers and residue off..Then squeegeed the window to clean it up..
  7. Okimaw

Okimaw New Member

i used rubbing alcohol and it got all the residue off nicely
  8. richeym1

richeym1 New Member

I got this stuff called rapid remover from a decal shop. Its awesome, its a citrus based product so its safe to use on the paint also for removing any sticky stuff left over from removing emblems and such from your ride!