1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Still looking for a Suburban...more questions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by nottmbantam, May 23, 2013.

1. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I have not myself, but my dad has been in Dhahran for over 16 years now. He'll be retiring in less than 4 years.
  2. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member 1 Year 100 Posts

16 years - wow, that's a long stretch. Five years feels like a long time. Dhahran is quite different to Riyadh though, being on the coast and a little more 'relaxed' than Riyadh, plus the potential of a weekend in Bahrain is on your doorstep, makes it feel a bit more tolerable. He must be enjoying it though to have been there for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it looks like we may just have a new Suburban owner on this forum!!

Took the Bad Boy down to a local garage who did a very thorough inspection on it and found several faults. Most of them were very minor and are just replacement parts eg spark plugs, a couple of bulbs here and there, and one of the shocks. THe car does need it's roadworthy certificate , known here as the MVPI, so it needs a couple of minor repairs to pass through that, I have agreed with the seller that he will do these, and also get it through the MVPI. Once all the papers are in order, we can do the deal.

Meeting him tomorrow night, to draw up the sales contract - a requirement for these parts. Then hopefully, in a few days time once the car is transferred and registered into my name , I'll be able to pick it up and bring it home!

I guess that will be by around Saturday. Will let you know and of course, come back with more questions.
  3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

OK
    Good luck-let us know how it runs once it is yours and you can actually hammer it.
    Actually I'm too old and too chicken to hammer any vehicle I actually own-have to pay for-pay to repair.
    When I was younger-yeah-now-...
    Charlie