1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

still messed up

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by brickborn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. brickborn

brickborn New Member

here we go fellas. i hooked up my battery backwards in my 1990 gmc suburban .well i popped 2 fuses.ECMB and the ECM1 .i replaced the ECM1fue it stayed good ,i replaced the ECMB it popped again . 4 fuses later it stayed.now the prob is i dont have spark and my injectors wont fire.i have power to the coil and i have power to the injectors.no spark and injectors wont fire.i have a 89 so i took the computer out of it(same)i tried it in my 90,nothing.switched the chips from my 90 into the computer from the 89 ,nothing.i put the chips from the 89 in computer for my 90,nothing .changed the coil,changed the ignition module,changed the esc.nothing .everything works when i turn the key.or i would of tried the ignition switch.checked all fuseable links on both ends for power and ok.no burnt wires that i can find in any of the harnesses.seeems to have power evrywhere there should be .im running out of ideas of where to look.and what to test.the only thing i have tried to change yet is the distributor thinking maybe i fryd the pickup coil ,who knows.this has everyone that ive talked to stumped and clueless.hopefully you guys can help me .thanks!
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Did you check your GROUND WIRES on the block and also the wires on the Starter and alternator ????? just an idea !
  3. brickborn

brickborn New Member

Yeah I've checked the power wires that go to starter. I've also checked the two main grounds. My last guess is that I may have fryd the pickup coil in the distributor . I've already changed the ignition module inside the distributor.