1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Still more lights......

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Oscarvan, Sep 29, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Rockstar

I'm done now.....save for some switches that will arrive in the mail any day.......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks good! I bet it sure makes a difference in how far you can see at night.

3. bradfordpoole

bradfordpoole New Member

Lookin good man.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Okay I am going to take a huge stab in the dark here and say they are the PIAA 520 series yellow ion lights, only reason I say that is because they look just like my setup I had on my truck. You will love them in the fog and rain, the yellow beam cuts right through it instead of making it worse like regular lights. I am just fascinated by your truck, keep up the great work and keep us posted of future upgrades. :great::great::great:

5. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good...I need to get more lights.

6. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Rockstar

Actually they're Hella 500's.

All I have left is the switches. (Using an alligator clip for the lights right now lol)
    I've mounted a pod, the horn switch is on there, a post for grounds inside. Switches
    should be here today or tomorrow.

7. wrightj

wrightj Member

More lights would definately bring your truck out 69.

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow they sure did look like PIAA's, but I have heard great things about Hella too. I know that you will like them on dark side roads, can't wait to see your switch setup.

9. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Rockstar

OK, here's the switch setup. The box sticks on with two sided tape, no holes. I ran a ground wire in there with a post, so there's ground for the switches. (they have led's in the stems) I cut out most of the bottom of the box for access. Wires disappear under the dash with one of those black corrugated tubes around it. Only two so far (woofer and fog lights) The round knob on the front is the horn...........room to grow. :glasses:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  10. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

what's the cigarette lighter plug for?