1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

still rubbing

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by jerrynino, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member ROTM Winner

ok so like my sig says, my 285's still rub after the leveling kit i put on. my wheels are 9'' wide so i think thats the problem with the offset ive got (-12 i believe).
    if i get some wheel spacers to push the wheel out a bit will that solve my problem?
    if so what size spacer should i get 1'' or 1.5''?
    last question... i used hubcentric rings for my wheels... so the spacers need have a 78cm bore which is stock or will it be different?
  2. jiujitsu

jiujitsu New Member

i had to trim a lil plastic on the bottom did you do that?..i have 285 70 17 and mine sometimes will rub a tiny bit when i reverse but everyone i know had to trim a lil
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Before you start spending money to get rid of the rub see if it can be fixed with a BFH or some plastic trimming. Get in the wheel well and find where its rubbing and see if you can trim or bend things back a little.
  4. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member ROTM Winner

i actually did trim already but the part that is rubbing on is the actual metal... i had a local shop cut off a piece but it still rubs a bit... i dont like it rubbing... any other suggestions guys?