1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

stock 04 head unit and Ipod/subs

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Custom04Chevy, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy New Member 100 Posts

I am going to be buying an Iphone next week and I was wondering if it is possible to hook it up to the stock head unit in an 04 silverado. Also I have subs and an amp from my last car and would like to hook it up in my truck, but I wanted to keep the dash as stock as possible (there is a lot of crime in my neighborhood).
  2. StillMatic

StillMatic New Member 100 Posts

I dont mean to sound rude, but if you scared, then dont do it at all!

But,

I don't know about 04 head units, but you may need a hi-low adaptor to hook the subs and iPhone up. The sound quality will be poor tho.
  3. identityPRS

identityPRS New Member 100 Posts

there are MANY ipod interfaces out there that you could use as far as the ipod goes. i have installed many of these. they are great. you can even access your artists, playlists, and all through the radio. here is one that i found. this one is a little overpriced, but youll get the idea: http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.php?products_id=3350

and for the amp and subs, if you already have all the wiring, like the guy above me said, all you'll need is the line out converter and you'll be all set! GOOD LUCK!!
  4. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy New Member 100 Posts

I'm not scared, I just don't want to have to go through the hassle of claiming it on my insurance and all that. It's just stuff. If it gets stolen it gets stolen.
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you have the aux port on your deck you can play Ipod direcrlty, it will not charge nor can you control the ipod from your stereo face. It would ba a 2.5mm jack. If not the a/v guys might be able to do some wiring in the back and set up a jack for you somewhere that isn't obvious.