1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock Amplifier???

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by FordAssasin, Mar 15, 2010.

1. FordAssasin

FordAssasin New Member

Ok I just bought a DUAL XDVDN9131 DVD MultiMedia-Nav unit from my brother for half of what he paid new and I got the plug and play harness for the deck and the dash kit to mount her in the dash,But after i installed it I noticed the Rear Door speakers were not working so i messed with the fader and still nothing the Rear upper cargo speakers work and so do the fronts just not the rear doors so I pulled the DUAL and put the stocker back in and ALL the speakers work fine.So with all this bein said I did a little resaerch and my 1998 Tahoe LS came with 3 different trim levels on the stereo,Standard,Premium,and Bose I dont have the bose (no bose labels) so im guessing I have the premium with the stock amp.Under the driver seat is a little silver box that is where the research said the stock amplifier would be located if I had 1 also when the aftermarket harness is plugged in there are 2 green wires that are no longer being used so i figure they could be feeding the amp,And yes before the stereo was installed it was tesed inside the previous car and I also bench tested the DUAL just to make sure(I always do that with everything before installing).Also do i need to install jumpers on the channels cuz I have 6 STOCK speakers and only 4 Aftermarket outputs,I dont want to take it to a shop cuz then I would have to wait to save the money and I HATE waiting.So let me know guys so I can put this stereo in my truck and have some cool music to listen to(IPOD) instaed of the radio and cds
    Thanks in advance.........